Ajay Jadeja: Biography, Age, Height, Achievements, Family and Career Statistics
In this article, we’ll discuss Ajay Jadeja’s life and achievements. Career Stats Personal Life: Some Interesting Facts You Should Know!
Ajay Jadeja was one of the best fielders the nation has ever produced, and he had a fantastic stroke player that made him nearly unbeatable in one-day internationals. A rakishly contagious grin was permanently fixed on his face whenever he appeared in public. He has performed countless miracles from the lower middle order, the most notable being his partnership with Robin Singh in the 1999 World Cup against Australia (223 runs) and Mohammad Azharuddin (223 runs) in Colombo in 1997.
Biography of Ajay Jadeja
- Real Name: Ajaysinhji Jadeja
- Other/Nickname: Jaddu, Ajju
- Profession: former Indian Cricketer
- Famous for: Aggressive
- Best Performance: 45 runs off 25 balls in the 1996 cricket world cup against Pakistan
- Height: In Feet Inches – 5’10”
- Weight: In Kilograms – 72 kg
- Body Measurements: Chest:40 inches, Waist: 36 inches and Biceps: 14 inches
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Gray
- Date Of Birth: 1 February 1971
- Place Of Birth: Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Hometown: Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
- School: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi
Family Statistics –
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Aditi Jaitey (2000)
- Children: Aiman and Ameera
- Parents: Father – Daulatsinh Jadeja, Mother – Gyanba Jadeja
- Siblings: N/A
- Religion: Hinduism
- Other Hobbies: Learning different Languages, Playing Golf, Dancing
Test Debut:13 November 1992 vs. South Africa at Durban
ODI Debut: 28 February 2000 vs. Sri Lanka at Mackay
- In 1997 at Colombo, Ajay Jadeja and Mohammad Azharuddin put on 223 runs for the fifth wicket, the highest ever in an ODI. Ajay scored 119 runs in this partnership, while Azhar scored 111 runs.
- Together with Mohammad Azharuddin, Ajay Jadeja scored 275 runs for the fourth wicket in an ODI match against Zimbabwe at Cuttack in 1998, setting a new record. Together, Ajay and Azhar scored 116 not out and 153 not off.
- One of the best bowling figures ever recorded by a bowler who only took three wickets in an ODI innings was Ajay Jadeja’s 3/3 against the England Cricket Team.
- Jadeja played in 196 One Day Internationals, scoring 5359 runs in 179 innings (6 hundred, 30 50s).
Here are some lesser-known facts about Ajay Jadeja
- Jadeja was hired as the head coach of the Delhi cricket team in 2015, but he eventually left his position. Presently, Jadeja works as a cricket commentator.
- Along with Sunny Deol and Sunil Shetty, Jadeja starred in the film Khel in 2003. He also appeared in V.K. Kumar’s Pal Pal Dil Ke Ssaat (2009).
- In 2003, Jadeja and Zaheer Abbas, the former captain of the Pakistan cricket team, worked for Zee News as cricket anchors during the ICC Cricket World Cup. He returned to his previous position to prepare for the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup. He then became a cricket analyst for NDTV India and NDTV 24*7.
- In the pilot season of the dance competition show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Jadeja competed. Indeed, he was a guest star on an episode of Comedy Circus.
- He appeared as himself in a cameo as a cricket commentator in Abhishek Kapoor’s film Kai Po Che!