Bayern Munich Edges Out Manchester United in Thrilling 7-Goal UEFA Champions League Clash

Bayern Munich kicked off their UEFA Champions League campaign with a hard-fought 4-3 victory over Manchester United in an intense, seven-goal thriller.

In a thrilling UEFA Champions League encounter, Bayern Munich managed to secure a hard-earned 4-3 victory over Manchester United, marking the beginning of their campaign in the competition.

Right from the start, Manchester United took control of the game and nearly surprised the German giants just three minutes into the match. However, Bayern’s goalkeeper, Sven Ulreich, made a remarkable save to deny Christian Eriksen’s close-range attempt from an acute angle, as reported by Xinhua.

Despite United’s initial threat, Bayern Munich found the back of the net first in the 28th minute. Leroy Sane orchestrated a brilliant one-two play with Harry Kane inside the penalty area, catching United’s goalkeeper, Andre Onana, off guard.

Bayern extended their lead a mere four minutes later when Jamal Musiala sprinted down the right wing and delivered a precise cross into the box. This set up Serge Gnabry to poke the ball into the net from close range.

However, the visitors showed resilience after halftime, and just four minutes into the second half, they reduced the deficit. Marcus Rashford provided the assist for Rasmus Hojlund, who expertly beat Ulreich into the far corner.

United’s joy was short-lived as Bayern regained their two-goal advantage after the referee awarded a penalty to the hosts following a VAR handball review in the 53rd minute. Kane confidently stepped up and dispatched the ball into the bottom right corner, making it 3-1.

Also Read: Barca Left Back Balde Signs New Contract Until 2028

Sane came close to adding a fourth goal for Bayern moments later, but his shot from the edge of the box struck the left post.

Although Bayern maintained control of the match and continued to apply pressure, United managed to narrow the gap against the run of play. Casemiro tapped in a loose ball inside the penalty area.

In injury time, the hosts responded by extending their lead to 4-2. Mathys Tel hammered Joshua Kimmich’s precise cross into the roof of the net.

Despite the late heroics, Manchester United made a final push as Casemiro scored his second goal of the game with a header following a free kick from Bruno Fernandes in the dying seconds. However, time ran out, and they couldn’t find the equalizer.

United defender Victor Lindelof commented on the match, saying, “It is not the result we wanted, but we played against a very strong opponent on the road. We started well in the second half, but, as I said, it is not the result we wanted.”



This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More