Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda: Biography, Age, Height, Achievements, Family And Career Statistics
Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda is an overachiever and an amazing sportsperson. He has worked hard to reach the goals he set.
Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda first taste of success was when he won a prize at the State-level sports meet in Dharwad when he fought with normal sportsmen. Nagarajegowda is supported by Sports Academy of India For Differently abled, a Bangalore He is also supported by “Karnataka Sports Association for Physically Handicapped” in Bangalore. He had taken part in the three-week training camp at Basildon Sporting Village sponsored by the Government of India before the games.
He was further made the brand ambassador of nutrition company Herbalife International and brand ambassador of election commission of Karnataka 2017 and 2019.
Meanwhile, his first achievement at the international level came when he won a bronze at the Junior World Championships for the disabled in Ireland in 2006. He then won a bronze medal at the Mysore University sports meet. He then won the gold medal at the national high jump championship. This was followed by gold medals in athletic meets in Kuwait and Malaysia.
Biography of Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda
- Real Name: Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda
- Nickname: Girisha Nagarajegowda
- Profession: Athlete
- Famous for: Paralympic high jumper
- Best Performance until now: He represented India in the 2012 Summer Paralympic games held in London in the men’s high jump F-42 category and won the silver medal in the finals with a jump of 1.74 meters using the scissors technique.
- Date of Birth: 26 January 1988
- Age: 34
- Nationality: Indian
- Birthplace: Hosanagar
- Hometown: Hosanagar
- College: BA at the ANV First Grade College
- Highest educational qualifications: Graduate
He represented India in the 2012 Summer Paralympic games held in London in the men’s high jump F-42 category and won the silver medal in the finals with a jump of 1.74 meters using the scissors technique.
- 2012 “Rajyotsava Award” by the Government of Karnataka
- 2013 Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India.
- 2014 Arjuna Award by the President of India
- 2013″Ekalavya” Award by the Government of Karnataka in 2013
- 2012″Best sports man State Award” by Disabled welfare department Govt of Karnataka
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Parents’ Names: Nagarajegowda (Father) and Jayamma (Mother)
- Siblings: One brother
- Religion: Hindu
- Other Hobbies: not available
Lesser-Known Facts about Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda
- His first taste of success was when he won a prize at the State-level sports s meet in Dharwad when he was in his first BA, competing with ‘normal’ sportsmen.
- He then won a high jump bronze medal in the Mysore University sports meet. There was no looking back after he won gold in the national high jump championship.
- A bronze at the junior sports meets for the disabled in Ireland in 2006 was his first moment of glory in the international arena.
- That was followed by a gold at athletics meets in Kuwait and Malaysia. Girisha had lost in the final stage of the selection trials for the Beijing Paralympics. But he has now more than made up for it.
- He would tie a rope to the pillars in the house and jump over it, competing with his brother.