Kevin de Bruyne: Biography, Age, Height, Achievements, Family and Career Statistics
Get insights into the achievements, biography and records of Kevin de Bruyne in depth. Read to know more about this footballer.
Belgian-born professional footballer Kevin De Bruyne, a midfielder for Manchester City of the Premier League and the Belgium squad, was born on June 28, 1991. He is widely considered one of the greatest players of his generation and the entire world. He has frequently been referred to as a “complete footballer” by pundits.
When Genk won the Belgian Pro League in 2010–11, De Bruyne was a regular player when his career began. He signed on with English club Chelsea in 2012, where he saw limited action before being loaned out to Werder Bremen. He spent the 2014–15 DFB-Pokal season with Wolfsburg after signing an £18 million contract there, where he made a name for himself as one of the finest players in the Bundesliga.
Biography of Kevin de Bruyne
- Real Name: Kevin de Bruyne
- Other/Nickname: The Ginger Pele
- Profession: Footballer
- Height: In Feet Inches-5’11”
- Eye Colour: Blue
- Hair Colour: Light golden Brown
- Date Of Birth: June 28, 1991
- Place Of Birth: Drongen, Ghent, Belgium
- Nationality: Belgium
- Hometown: Drongen
- School: Not known
- College: Yale University – Stockton, California, United States
- Highest Education Qualification: Not known
Family Statistics of Kevin de Bruyne:
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Michèle Lacroix
- Children: Son-Mason Milian De Bruyne
- Parents: Father-Herwig De Bruyne; Mother- Anna De Bruyne
- Siblings: Stephanie De Bruyne [Sister]
- Religion: Catholic
- Other Hobbies: Hiking and Wildlife Watching
Achievements of Kevin de Bruyne:
- Bundesliga Young Player of the Year: 2012–13
- Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2014–15
- Bundesliga Team of the Year: 2014–15
- Footballer of the Year (Germany): 2015
- Belgian Sportsman of the Year: 2015
- Manchester City Player of the Season: 2015–16, 2017–18, 2019–20
- Manchester City Goal of the Season: 2019–20
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2019, 2020
- PFA Team of the Year: 2017–18, 2019–20
- Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2017–18, 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- Premier League Goal of the Month: November 2019, July 2020
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2019–20
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2019–20
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2020
Lesser-Known Facts about Kevin de Bruyne:
- Grab their roots: De Bruyne was qualified to represent Burundi despite being born in Drongen, Belgium because his mother is from that country! He decided to support the Red Devils instead.
- De Bruyne’s emergence as a first-team regular for Belgium during their World Cup qualification campaign changed the game. The Red Devils qualified for their first big tournament in 12 years, thanks to his four goals.
- Strong language skills: The midfielder is proficient in English, French, and Dutch.
- Cool clothes: In collaboration with clothing brand Cult Eleven, he launched his pop-up clothing line, KDB, last year. The Special Olympics, an organisation Kevin has devoted much of his career to working with, receives a portion of the line’s sales revenue.
- KDB and Nicolas Otamendi were destined to be teammates since he made his senior debut precisely one day after the latter. Two upcoming talents who will make their debuts on different continents… Who would have imagined that one day they would work together?
- He started his senior career in Genk, wherein a 5-4 victory over Club Brugge in October 2011, he scored his first hat-trick for the team.
- Downing the champs: In Wolfsburg’s 4-1 victory over Bayern Munich in January 2015, he scored twice, handing the German champions their first Bundesliga loss since April 2014.
- Attack with statistics: In Europe’s top five leagues last season, only De Bruyne, who recorded 27 assists for Wolfsburg in all competitions, had more assists. He had eight more assists than the player behind him, thanks to his 20 in the Bundesliga.
- Critical player: KDB also topped the Bundesliga with 3.3 key passes per game, according to WhoScored.com. He’s not awful, though, as evidenced by his 16 goals, which show his superb finishing skills.
- Receiving praise: As expected, given such numbers, he was chosen as the Bundesliga’s Player of the Year for 2014–15 and included on the UEFA Europa League Season Squad.