PCB announces it’s parental leave policy to support professional cricketers!
Pakistan Cricket Board on Tuesday announced it’s new leave policy that supports professional cricketers who return from pregnancy or parental responsibilities.
For a long time, there has been a demand for Paternal leave or Maternal leave among various sectors and the Cricket fraternity is no exception. Recently Pakistan Cricket Board has made a big decision on this aspect.
PCB on Tuesday announced its parental leave policy to support professional cricketers through pregnancy, their return to play, and parental responsibilities.
PCB has announced its parental leave policy to support professional cricketers' through pregnancy, their return to play and parental responsibilities.
Read details here ➡️ https://t.co/6Z7wXFHOmS pic.twitter.com/HB6SwtvgXQ
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) May 4, 2021
PCB in a press release stated the following things:
- Women Cricketers can transfer to a non-playing role until the commencement of their maternity leave.
- Women cricketers will be entitled to take up to 12 months of paid maternity leave.
- Women cricketers will be guaranteed a contract extension for the following year.
- Women cricketers will be reintegrated into cricketing activities and provided adequate medical and physical support in respect of their post-childbirth rehabilitation.
- Under the paternity policy, men cricketers will be entitled to 30 days of fully paid leave.
This policy is being appreciated by the whole cricket fraternity.