Peter Siddle: Biography, Age, Height, Achievements, Family and Career Statistics
Check to get a glimpse of the early-life, career statistics and achievements of Peter Siddle. Read to know more about this brilliant Australian Cricketer.
Peter Siddle is a former Australian cricketer. Currently, Peter is said to play for Tasmania in first-class and List A cricket, as well as for the Adelaide Strikers in the Big Bash League. According to reports, Peter has played Test cricket for Australia over an eight-year period from 2008 to 2016, before being recalled for the Test series against Pakistan in 2018. However, the player announced his Peter retirement from international cricket in the month of December 2019.
In the initial period of his career, he has faced many obstacles as he was required to deal with numerous injuries. Despite dealing with injuries, the player rose to become the ninth Australian to take a Test hat-trick and the first Australian after Shane Warne in 1994-95 to do so in an Ashes test. Moreover, he came to be known as the ICC Emerging Player of the year in 2009 after he managed to overcome his injuries. Till the year of 2014, he remained a regular player of Australian Cricket team.
Biography of Peter Siddle
- Real Name: Peter Matthew Siddle.
- Other/Nickname: Sidds, Sid Vicious, Dermie.
- Profession: Australian sportsperson.
- Famous for: His excellent bowling ability.
- Batting: Right-handed.
- Bowling: Right-arm fast-medium.
Physical Features of Peter Siddle
- Height: 6ft 1 inches (approx.).
- Weight: 75 kilograms (approx.).
- Body Measurements:
- Eye Color: Brown.
- Hair Color: Blonde.
Personal Life of Peter Siddle
- Date of Birth: November 25, 1984.
- Age: 37 (as in 2021).
- Nationality: Australian.
- Birthplace: Morwell, Victoria, Australia.
- Hometown: Morwell, Victoria, Australia.
Peter Siddle’s Debut:
- Test: 17 October 2008 against India.
- ODI: 13 February 2009 against New Zealand.
- T20: 15 February 2009 against New Zealand.
Peter Siddle’s Achievements:
- Peter Siddle came to be known as the ICC Emerging Player of the Year in 2009.
- As per reports, the former Australian cricketer started his cricket career at an early age of 14 years for Latrobe Cricket Club. However, there he managed to register the figures of 11/47 in a match, thereby breaking the record of John Scholes.
- Alongside dealing with several injuries, Peter has successfully managed to rise and bag the number one position at ICC test rankings.
- However, during his 26th birthday, Siddle managed to pick up a hat- trick in an Ashes Test that included the major wickets of Kevin Pietersen and Paul Collingwood.
- Moreover, during his first-ever test series against India, the player managed to register four wickets to his name.
- Furthermore, Siddle is said to mark his 100th Test wicket at the SCG on 3 January, 2012 in the second Test of Australia’s home series against India. Currently, the player needs two more wickets in order to reach the mark of 200 Test wickets.
- While batting on a tough surface at the Feroz Shah Kotla on 24th of March 2013, Siddle managed to hit fifties in each innings (51 and 50). This, however, made him the first man to score two fifties by batting at No. 9 in a Test match.
Family Details of Peter Siddle
- Marital Status: Separated.
- Spouse Name: Anna Weatherlake.
- Spouse Profession: Animal advocate.
- Parents Names: Father- Steve Siddle, and Mother- Allison Siddle.
Lesser-Known Facts about Peter Siddle:
- In the year of 2003, Peter is said to attend the Australian Cricket Academy. And, the player made his first-class debut for Victoria against the touring West Indies in November 2005. Later he was offered a full contract by Victoria the next year.
- Peter made his Test debut in Mohali against India. According to reports, his first delivery in that match was a bouncer which hit Gautam Gambhir on his helmet.
- However, the little master of the Indian cricket team, Sachin Tendulkar has been his wicket in Test match format.
- Later in 2012, the former cricketer came up with a decision of completely following a vegetarian diet and giving up on meat products. However, the reason behind this was his girlfriend Anna Weatherlake, who’s an animal advocate and had been a vegetarian. Though some stated this to be the cause of his poor performances, he personally derived benefits from this new diet.
- Peter Siddle is said to consume around 15 bananas per day to make up for cutting down meat from his diet. He is often recognized as “the Banana Man” by his colleagues and teammates.
- He got married in the year 2015, and after being together for four years the couple revealed their split in 2022.